Small group formation is vital for everyone on their journey with Jesus. Here are several options to ‘plug’ into a small group at Emilie!
Acts 5:42 “Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Christ.” The early church began with Christians meeting in the homes of believers. In these homes the words of Jesus were discussed, concerns were prayed over. The early church was born and grew.
Today, just as it was over two thousand years ago, small groups of Christians gather to learn the scriptures, discuss the meaning of the scriptures and put into action the message they receive. Joys, concerns, family and work issues are discussed and prayed over by participants, who often become friends.
The congregation of Emilie United Methodist Church has several active small groups in which members and friends meet (in addition to Sunday morning services) for worship, Bible study, and fellowship. Members and non-members are welcome, and we hope that you will become part of one of these ministries.
Come join a small group! It is such a joy to get to know fellow Christians in a relaxed, informal setting while you study the Bible together. You will find that Sunday morning services become even more meaningful as you worship alongside the people you’ve shared with during the week. We have Small Group Bible studies that meet on different days of the week and at various times of the day. These Bible studies cover many topics that are scripture based, and are usually chosen or agreed upon by the group.
A list of our current small groups are below.
Woman’s Crafting Circle, 1st Monday of the month at 7 pm in room 211
- Devotion, snack, crafting and fellowship.
- If possible a small donation of $3-5 is asked to help cover the cost of craft supplies.
- Contact Cindy Calderone (215-945-5502/ email@example.com)
Women’s Bible Study, Wednesday’s @ 10 am in the Library
- Studying the book of Acts, every other week
- Contact Blanche Keeler (215-946-4971/ firstname.lastname@example.org)
Bible Study, Wednesdays @ 7 pm in the Library
- Bible Study
- Contact Hal Ermer
Study with Friends Bible Study, Thursdays @ 7 pm at the home of Lois & Frank Fabian
- Bible Study
- Contact Diane Bach
Men’s Prayer Breakfast, Saturday’s @ 7:30 am in the Chapel
- Prayer & Fellowship
- Contact Frank Fabian (215-943-4610/ email@example.com)
Discovering Your Faith, Sunday’s @ 9:30 am in the Church Library
- This is for new believers or those who want to take the next step in their faith walk. This is a 6-week class, that will allow you to transition into one of our other groups.
- Contact Pastor Mike or the Church Office
Free Spirits Day Trips
- American Music Theatre in Lancaster PADecember 5, 2019 trip to the American Music Theatre for the Christmas Show: “Joy to the World”. Price is $100.00, which includes the sit down lunch at Bird in Hand restaurant, bus transportation, and show. Bus leaves Emilie parking lot at 10 am. If you would like to go or have any questions, contact Carol Kocher 215-946-5958. Deposit of $40 by September 20, 2019 will hold your seat. The remainder of $60 is due by October 25.