Small group formation is vital for everyone on their journey with Jesus. Here are several options to ‘plug’ into a small group at Emilie!
Acts 5:42 “Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Christ.” The early church began with Christians meeting in the homes of believers. In these homes the words of Jesus were discussed, concerns were prayed over. The early church was born and grew.
Today, just as it was over two thousand years ago, small groups of Christians gather to learn the scriptures, discuss the meaning of the scriptures and put into action the message they receive. Joys, concerns, family and work issues are discussed and prayed over by participants, who often become friends.
The congregation of Emilie United Methodist Church has several active small groups in which members and friends meet (in addition to Sunday morning services) for worship, Bible study, and fellowship. Members and non-members are welcome, and we hope that you will become part of one of these ministries.
Come join a small group! It is such a joy to get to know fellow Christians in a relaxed, informal setting while you study the Bible together. You will find that Sunday morning services become even more meaningful as you worship alongside the people you’ve shared with during the week. We have Small Group Bible studies that meet on different days of the week and at various times of the day. These Bible studies cover many topics that are scripture based, and are usually chosen or agreed upon by the group.
A list of our current small groups are below.
Woman’s Crafting Circle, 1st Monday of the month at 7 pm virtually via Zoom
- Devotion, crafting and fellowship.
- If possible a small donation of $3-5 is asked to help cover the cost of craft supplies.
- Contact Cindy Calderone (215-945-5502/ email@example.com)
Tri-Club Sunday School, Sunday’s @ 10:30 am virtually via Zoom
- Online Adult Sunday School class, led by Rev. Dr. Michael Roberts.
- Our adult class uses Cokesbury’s Adult Bible Studies, a quarterly study presenting stimulating lessons that explore biblical messages and how to apply them to daily life. Adults of all ages are invited to participate in this engaging class.
- Contact the Church Office (215-945-5502/ firstname.lastname@example.org)
Men’s Prayer Breakfast, Saturday’s @ 7:30 am off-site
- Prayer & Fellowship at local parks
- Contact Frank Fabian (215-943-4610/ email@example.com)
Additional Small Group Bible Studies – Currently Not meeting
Women’s Bible Study, Wednesday’s @ 10 am in the Library
- Studying the book of Acts, every other week
- Contact Blanche Keeler (215-946-4971/ firstname.lastname@example.org)
Bible Study, Wednesdays @ 7 pm in the Library
- Bible Study
- Contact Hal Ermer
Study with Friends Bible Study, Thursdays @ 7 pm at the home of Lois & Frank Fabian
- Bible Study
- Contact Diane Bach
Free Spirits Day Trips
- no current trips