Confirmation is an important step in anyone’s faith journey. The CREDO confirmation curriculum is grounded in three core principles:
- Confirmation is the continuation of one’s faith journey and the beginning of one’s covenant relationship with the church – not an end unto itself.
- Confirmation is more than just a series of classes. Confirmands must be fully engaged in the life of the church through worship, service, small groups, and involvement in other ministries.
- Confirmands should emerge from their confirmation experience prepared for a life of Christian discipleship.
At Emilie, we believe the same. We hope you do also. Classes will be held on Sunday afternoons from 11:45 – 1:15pm in room 6, from Feb 3rd – June 2nd. During our informational meeting on January 13th, we will have a detailed class schedule. Those confirmands choosing to join the church will do so on Pentecost Sunday, June 9, 2019. Each Sunday we will enjoy lunch together as a class and will be asking volunteers to help provide this.
Topics covered during confirmation are:
|Way of Discipleship
Way of Salvation
Living a Holy Life
|Renounce, Reject, Repent
I Believe (The Creeds)
Prayers, Presence, Gifts, Service & Witness
In addition to attending the classes and retreats, each student must meet the following requirements:
- Submit worship notes for at least 12 Sundays from January – May
- Keep a regular journal with 18 entries, answering the questions found in your Credo: Confirmation Journal
- By filling out the journal you will create 18 “I believe….” statements.
- We will have three journals checks to make sure students are completing the entries
- Submit a personal creed, compiling your 18 “I believe….” statements into your personal faith statement. This will be read during worship on June 9th.
- Participate in mentor meetings (3 – 6 times)
- Attend youth group, Club 30, or another small group meeting twice a month
- Enjoy notes from your secret prayer partner
We hope you are excited about the opportunity to have your youth participate in confirmation as much as we are excited to assist them on their journey.
Feel free to let us know of any questions you may have. We’ll have a brief parent and confirmand meeting on Sunday, January 13th. Please let Ann know if your youth is interested in being a part of the class (firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-395-0242).
Peace and blessings,
Pastor Mike & Ann