Small group formation is vital for everyone on their journey with Jesus. Here are several options to ‘plug’ into a small group at Emilie!
Acts 5:42 “Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Christ.” The early church began with Christians meeting in the homes of believers. In these homes the words of Jesus were discussed, concerns were prayed over. The early church was born and grew.
Today, just as it was over two thousand years ago, small groups of Christians gather to learn the scriptures, discuss the meaning of the scriptures and put into action the message they receive. Joys, concerns, family and work issues are discussed and prayed over by participants, who often become friends.
The congregation of Emilie United Methodist Church has several active small groups in which members and friends meet (in addition to Sunday morning services) for worship, Bible study, and fellowship. Members and non-members are welcome, and we hope that you will become part of one of these ministries.
Come join a small group! It is such a joy to get to know fellow Christians in a relaxed, informal setting while you study the Bible together. You will find that Sunday morning services become even more meaningful as you worship alongside the people you’ve shared with during the week. We have Small Group Bible studies that meet on different days of the week and at various times of the day. These Bible studies cover many topics that are scripture based, and are usually chosen or agreed upon by the group.
A list of our current small groups are below.
Woman’s Crafting Circle, 1st Monday of the month at 7 pm in room 211
- Devotion, snack, crafting and fellowship.
- If possible a small donation of $3-5 is asked to help cover the cost of craft supplies.
- Contact Cindy Calderone (215-945-5502/ firstname.lastname@example.org)
Women’s Bible Study, Wednesday’s @ 10 am in the Library
- Studying the book of Acts, every other week
- Contact Blanche Keeler (215-946-4971/ email@example.com)
Bible Study, Wednesdays @ 7 pm in the Library
- Bible Study
- Contact Hal Ermer
Friday Night Small Group @ 7 pm at the Sylvester home
- Bible Study
- Contact Gina Sylvester
Men’s Prayer Breakfast, Saturday’s @ 7:30 am in the Chapel
- Prayer & Fellowship
- Contact Frank Fabian (215-943-4610/ firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sunday Morning Small Group, Sunday’s @ 9:30 am in room 211
- Studying the Minor Prophets (June 17th-Sept 9th)
- Contact Ben Menchhafor
Free Spirits Day Trips
- December 4, 2018 trip to Hunterdon Hills. Show is “Christmas in the Air”. Price is $95.00, which includes the sit down luncheon, bus, and show. Bus leaves Emilie parking lot at 9:45 am. Deposit of $40 by August 15th, 2018 will hold your seat. The remainder of $55 is due by October 15th.
- May 9th, 2019 trip to Sight and Sound for the show “Jesus”. The price is $110.00 with deposit of $40, no later than Nov. 1st, 2018. The remainder is due March 15th, 2019. Price includes the show, bus, and lunch at Shady Maple. The bus leaves Emilie parking lot at 9:30 am on May 9th.If you want to go on either of the above trips contact Carol Kocher 215-946-5958, as soon as possible to reserve your seat.